Shifting to a Virtual Series Keeps Barco’s Events Going
When cancellations due to the COVID-19 pandemic cleared Barco’s calendar of industry trade shows and its proprietary in-person roadshows, we partnered with them to launch a series of four virtual events – in a five-week timeline, nonetheless.
- Event creative hook reinforced Barco’s thought-leadership and showcases solutions customers need as they navigate new business challenges
- Wraparound marketing support drove awareness and attendance
- Half-day livestream events featured live keynotes and panels, interactive segments and breakout sessions, and structured incentive and gamification strategies
- With major industry trade shows canceled and proprietary road shows on pause, helping Barco’s customers navigate the new climate called for a new approach to deliver insights and education to audiences at home
- We created four entirely new vertical-specific events – with targeted technology innovation talks and product development insights from Barco executives for each industry audience
- Promotion for the new experience began with an integrated event email and social promotion strategy, with special incentives for early registrants
- Each event kicked off with a live host welcoming attendees via livestream, introducing speakers, encouraging attendee interaction with hidden Barco “Easter eggs” and virtual polling, and announcing prize winners
- Live presentations by key Barco executives, panel sessions with sponsors and partners, and virtual breakout sessions provide insights into product and technology updates
- The virtual event experience continued post-event, with product videos available on-demand immediately after the event, and the full event accessible for 30 days
- Exceeded event attendance goals by more than double!
- Lessons learned from each event applied to the next in the series, creating an ongoing improvement model and continuing to up-level the overall experience
“Customer feedback to our virtual events has been incredibly positive – it’s been described as unique, interactive, and dynamic… and a standout among other virtual events.”
Marketing Director, Americas, Barco